It’s the moment you have been waiting for. After painstaking efforts on composing your music, it’s the time to launch your album. Releasing an album requires a long to-do list along with a lot of hard work and money. So before you get your album ready for the public, here are a few things to keep in mind.
Launching an album takes more than just burning discs and throwing a party. You’ve got to get the word out. After all that cost and effort, you want your fans to actually hear and purchase your music. But with so many platforms for music discovery, it becomes difficult to figure out where to focus in order to viral your product and get organic reach. This post intends to highlight top 5 areas that need to be addressed before any official announcements should be made about a new album, EP, or even a single coming out:
1. Create awareness for the album while it is still under production: In order to engage with your fans throughout before the launch of your album, keep posting about your upcoming albums through newsletters, blogs and social media accounts. Share pictures, video clips and rough clips from the studio. This helps you get your fans psyched about the upcoming album.
2. Shoot a music video: Whether you do a conventional video shoot with professional artists or something as simple as a photo slideshow, video is a must. You must have seen artists releasing teasers and motion poster of their upcoming tracks. A well-conceptualised video is a surefire way to viral your album because it is fun to share great videos.
3. Digital Media: Needless to say about the power of the digital media in today’s era. It has never been faster to reach the masses before. Social media is a great tool for attracting your crowd and building your numbers. Post announcements on the regular basis about the upcoming release.
4. Promotion: Promotion is your most important tool. You need to run campaigns to earn radio/press coverage of your release or you can hire a PR company like Entertainer Jatt to do the job on your behalf.
5. Plan your album release party: Exactly what it sounds like: a party meant to celebrate and promote your album release. Launch parties can become expensive, but they don’t have to be. Your release party can be as glamorous or low-key as you want to make it. The most important thing is to network, network, and then network some more – and to have a great time, of course.
That’s just the tip of the iceberg, of course. There’s plenty more you could do to make a bigger splash with your album release: Launch your website, participate in music conferences, follow-up with the media etc. Remember, try not to stress too much. Your album release should also be a happy occasion; one that you can be proud of for years to come.
Best of luck (Y)